Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pull a John C Lilly Sans LSD

Totally unrelated, but I have been having seriously vivid dreams and I really want to try an isolation tank. There are at least two places in NYC that offer them as a form of spa treatment, and I can't wait to sign up. The one and only time I've been able to meditate into a deep, centered place for about 30 minutes, I started to have colorful, intense visions, or picture-thoughts, or whatever. It was rad, and I want to experience that again. I often feel like I'm cut off from parts of my brain that I need, and know I have, but can't get to, and it's incredibly frustrating.
I'll have a wacky, sensational dream, and wake up only to find it slipping away, and then my mind just sort of becomes a grey buzz of feedback, like listening to a crowd from far away.  I want to get back in touch with my brain, basically. Anyway.

I will try to refrain from having visions of this whilst in-tank. 
-Starbuck


No comments:

Post a Comment