Thursday, June 16, 2011

Becoming

This is my second blog, and while I will keep the other one, it will probably be used solely for poetry and art posting.  I feel time and again that I have not been talking about the things that I really want to talk about for fear of family/friend backlash, and I've been letting that fear stop me from writing. So by going anonymous, I'll hopefully free myself up a bit.  And let's face it, there's some stuff my siblings just don't need to know about me.

So, those of you that I have invited to read this and are friends of mine IRL, I am trusting you to not share too much. Cool? Rad. If that's too much to ask....um, don't read it.

Anyway. Have a lot bouncing around the ol' birdsnest these days.  Learning to be in a serious, longterm (for me) relationship and also how to co-habitate.  I'll be probably be moving back to Brooklyn soon, but it's been a learning experience.
My intellectual study of feminism, gender and sex is becoming more and more personal. I am starting to put together the pieces of my past that I either blocked out or didn't realize were important, to bring myself closure and acceptance of the person I am becoming.  More on that in coming posts.

Right now the thing on the biggest thing on mind is the burrito that should have been here by now. I am frakking starving. And yes, the nom de plume is an all too obvious Battlestar Galactica reference. Sue me. No, don't, I have nothing! Be kind to me!

Also I'll probably/hopefully be more eager to post without fear of criticism from nearest and dearest; this is a safe space to figure out my writing voice.

YES, food is here.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment